Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Dry, Brittle, and Dull Hair? DO THIS!!

My mom is always trying natural remedies for her hair and skin. I am usually reluctant because of the smell. I decided to try this home remedy for dry hair and the results were PHENOMENAL!!

Ok... so you get an egg yolk (one if you have short or thin hair... two if otherwise) and a tablespoon or two (eyeball it) of honey and a couple of tablespoons of olive oil. I usually just pour it in a bowl until I feel like it is good enough to cover my hair... Ok so let me recap the ingredients:

EGG YOLK
HONEY
OLIVE OIL

You just stir it up with a utensil of your choosing and put it on DRY hair (BEFORE WASHING!!) Once it's in your hair, just leave it alone (put it in a shower cap or just let air dry). DO NOT try to brush out because your hair will not like it (and it gets kind of hard).

WAIT....

Watch an episode of The Office (or your favorite 20-30 minute show)....

20 minutes later...

Shower. I recommend mixing baking soda with your shampoo (sulfate-free or professional salon pH balanced shampoo of course) to get all the build-up off. I usually shampoo two or three times when I do this just to get squeaky clean hair, and then I put the conditioner in and while it's chillin and my hair is soaking it in I shave and stuff.

After this, style as usual. You will believe. The results will be completely clear. Ok here's why these things work.

Egg Yolk: Eggs contain lecithin and protein, which help strengthen and moisturize hair. Egg yolks are also a natural emulsifier, meaning it binds homemade hair mask ingredients for a smooth, homogeneous mixture. Yolks also have a high sulfur content, which can help relieve dandruff symptoms.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/221689-egg-yolk-hair-treatment/#ixzz1M688EeVW


I got this from this article, but here is what I know offhand. The protein in eggs is similar to the keratin treatments that cost hundreds of dollars in salons. Just trust me: It's good for you.



Olive Oil: Extra virgin Olive Oil has a high level of mono-unsaturated fatty acids and antioxidant vitamin E that moisturizes, protects and nourishes. It makes your hair grow stronger and can be kept in a longer hairstyle without a need to cut. It is very beneficial for dry, damaged, or split hair.

Honey: Here are a couple of websites that talk about the benefits of honey:




Hope this was helpful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment